Saturday, March 31, 2012

Barrel of Laughs

Lucy was a barrel of laughs today.

She made up her own words to "The Wheels on the Bus" which included a verse where, "The Mommies and Daddies on the bus say 'chairs are for sitting!'" and "The Lucys on the bus eat at a restaurant." Clearly this is Lucy's dream world.

We also had a conversation about when Gram and Gramps Sancken might come for a visit. She wants them to come tomorrow and take her to the Children's Museum on the Downtown Mall. When I told her that they won't be coming until August, she was confused.

Lucy: "I want to see them tomorrow!"
Me: "Honey, we can't see them."
Lucy: "They're DEAD?!?"

Yet again, struggling with distinguishing "we can't see them" with "death". Not sure how we're going to resolve that one.

Today for nap time Lucy chose to read "I Love You Forever." Afterwards, her synopsis of the book was this, "When you get old, you're going to turn into a baby and be in MY belly."

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books growing up!!! My dad would always read it to me.

    ReplyDelete