Friday, September 4, 2015

A horrible parent

Yesterday we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner because it was on the way home from a soccer consignment sale.  On the way out Lucy was disappointed that I didn't buy her any ice cream (she had already had cookies that day) or let her play on the play place (it was almost bedtime).  A massive melt down ensued as I carried her out of the restaurant.

Lucy:  My parents never let me do ANYTHING!  All they want to do is make me eat HEALTHY food!  And GO TO BED EARLY!
Me: I know it's frustrating, but you already had a treat today, and your bus comes early tomorrow.
Lucy:  AND you have NEVER even bought me a DIAMOND!  Not even a tiny speck of a DIAMOND!

This melt-down is making me look better and better.  Go on, my dear.  In what other ways am I a horrible parent?

No comments:

Post a Comment